Higher Education Enrolment Distribution Live Data Report
How to read this report
This report provides summary and comparison of the distribution of the student enrolment record numbers for the current year and the previous year.
- Both major and minor course enrolment records
- Enrolment records for students undertaking cross institutional studies (E310: Course of Study Type = 41, 42).
The following table identifies the components that are used to construct the report:
|E315 - Gender||Value reported on E315: Gender code.|
|E316 – Indigenous Status||Value reported on E316: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander code.|
|E319 – Location of Term Residence||
Value reported on E319: Term address postcode.
|E661 – Term Address Country Code||
Value reported on E661: Term address country code.
|E320 – Residential Address Postcode||
Value reported on E320: Residential address postcode.
|E658 – Residential Address Country Code||
Value reported on E658:Residential address country code.
|E327 – Basis for Admission||
Value reported on E327: Basis for admission code.
|E346 – Country of Birth||
Value reported on E346: Country of birth code.
|E347 – Year of arrival in Australia||
Value reported on E347: Year of arrival in Australia code.
|E348 – Language Spoken at Home||
Value reported on E348: Language spoken at home code.
|E566 – Credit Provider||
Value reported on E566: Credit provider code.
|E369 – Tertiary Entrance Score||
Value reported on E369: Tertiary entrance score code.
Note: this element was active from 2005 to 2019
|E605 – Selection Rank||
Value reported on E605: Selection rank code.
|E632 – Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR)||
Value reported on E632: Australian Tertiary Admission Rank.
|E615 - Disability||
Value reported on E615: Disability code.
|E620 – Highest Attainment||Value reported on E620: Highest attainment code.|
|E487 – Scholarship Type||Value reported on E487: Scholarship type code.|
|E561 – Credit Basis||
Value reported on E561: Credit basis code. Short description of concatenated values.
|E572 – Year Left School||
Value reported on E572: Year left school code.
|E573 – Highest Educational Attainment Parent 1||Value reported on E573: Highest educational attainment parent 1 code|
|E574 – Highest Educational Attainment Parent 2||Value reported on E574: Highest educational attainment parent 2 code|
Layout of the report
Slicer on the left side of the report enable users to select student enrolment record numbers by Reporting Year.
- Deleted records are excluded from the report.
- Non higher degree by research students (E310: Course of study type code not equal to 02, 03) who have withdrawn from their course on or before the E489: Unit of Study Census Date are excluded from these reports:
- Unit Enrolments with a census date (E489) in the future are excluded from the report.
- Non higher degree by research students (E310 not equal to 02, 03) who have withdrawn from their unit on, or before, the census date (E601 is less than or equal to E489) are excluded from the report.
- Students who have successfully completed their unit on, or before, the census date (E355=3 and E601 is less than or equal to E489) are included in the report.
- E369 - Tertiary Entrance Score table does not display data from 2021 onwards as this data element was retired.
- E605 – Selection Rank, E632 – Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) and E620 – Highest Attainment tables display data from 2021 onwards as these data elements are effective from 2021.
- E487 – Scholarship Type table displays data from 2017 onwards.
- Category ‘Other’ in E620 - Highest Attainment table contains number of records with non-matching code values.