Higher Education CGS Clusters by Course Level Live Data Report
How to read this report
The CGS Clusters by Course Level Live Data Report displays Course Level details grouped by funding clusters.
These explanatory notes describe the elements and values used in the calculation of each of the funding clusters displayed in the report.
Course Level Types included in the report are shown in the table below. [UPDATE 31 August 2022]
Value reported in E310: Course of study type:
The following student records are included in this report:
- Unit of study records for students who are Commonwealth supported:
- [E490: Student Status code = = 110, 111, 112, 201, 202, 203, 204, 250, 260, 261, 262 and 263] [Updated 21/07/2023]
The following student records are excluded from this report:
- Units of study for students undertaking work experience are excluded from the report:
- Unit of study records for research students and students undertaking units on a non-award basis are excluded from the report:
- [E310:Course of study type code ≠ 2, 3, 50] [Update 24 March 2023]
Layout of the report
The report defaults to the latest two years. A button on the top left of the page enables users to select pre-2021, or 2021 onwards reporting years.
Slicers on the left side of the report enable users to select data by:
- Reporting Year
- Unit of Study Census Date
- Loan Status
- Remission Reason
- Units of study undertaken on a cross-institutional basis are included in the CGS Clusters by Course Level Live Data Report.
- Units of study which have been remitted are also included in the report. This includes E446 Remission reason codes 01, 06, 12, 16, 17, 18 and 19.
- Deleted records are excluded from these reports.
- Unit Enrolments with a census date (E489) in the future are excluded from the report.
- Non higher degree by research students (E310 not equal to 02, 03) who have withdrawn from their unit on, or before, the census date (E601 is less than or equal to E489) are excluded from the report.
- Students who have successfully completed their unit on, or before, the census date (E355=3 and E601 is less than or equal to E489) are included in the report.
- Funding clusters are defined by E464: Discipline code. The latest funding cluster information is available on the Department of Education/Department of Employment and Workplace Relations Funding Clusters and Indexed Rates page.