Information for Students
Students can access information regarding Commonwealth support for their education through the following links:
- Study Assist provides information to students about Australian Government assistance for financing tertiary study.
- How do I check my HELP debt? | StudyAssist – This page provides information on how to check how much you owe and any repayments you have made.
- myHELPbalance – This page will show your available HELP balance (the amount you have available to borrow using HELP loans).
- Unique Student Identifier (USI): Your education number for life – This page provides links to information on everything you need to know about creating, finding, managing and sharing your USI.
- Tax File Number (TFN) mismatch - Information for students – This factsheet will help you understand:
- why you need to provide a TFN
- what happens if the TFN you provide is not valid
- what you should do to ensure your TFN can be validated.
- Your CHESSN | StudyAssist - This page provides information about your Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN).
If you have an enquiry regarding higher education loans, that is not listed above please see a list of contacts on the Study Assist website.
If you require further information regarding VET Student Loans, please see the VET Information for Students page.