Verification commenced on 4 August in TCSI Analytics. To assist you with verifying your reports please utilise the coding notes and User Guide available from the TCSI Analytics webpage on TCSI support under the heading of Higher Education Data Verification.
Verification is important because it is the final opportunity to confirm to the department that your organisation’s data and all underlying records for 2021 year are complete, accurate and ready for publication and funding reconciliation. Your verified data is used to:
- reconcile your higher education funding
- publish information on your organisation
- develop policy and manage programs.
The verification deadline of 3 September 2022 must be met by all providers to ensure the critical uses of verified data are not delayed.
What to look for when verifying data
When reviewing your reports, it’s essential that the following items are checked to ensure students records are complete and correct:
- Check discipline code on unit enrolments. An update to the discipline code on one unit enrolment will update all students in the same unit of study (that is, units where Unit of Study Code (E354) and Unit of Study Census Date (E489) are the same)
- Scheduled Validations relating to 2021 incomplete or inconsistent records are addressed
- Check that your report cells don’t contain blank values, the words “no information” or “not provided”
- Where there is a comparison between 2021 and 2020 check the variation difference.